Adult Education Skills
If you have been out of school
for a while...
would you like to improve
your math, reading, and writing skills?
would you like to try
getting that new job or promotion?
do you have personal goals
that involve better reading, math, or writing
Enhancement Program may be right for
COME IN AND GET
The Skills Enhancement program is
FREE to all New Britain residents. Classes are open enrollment
so you can join any time!
You are eligible for this program:
- if you are at least 17 years of
- if you are no longer enrolled in
- if you do not have a high school
|What we offer:
- FREE evaluation to measure your
and challenges in math, reading, and
- Individual counseling to create a
learning plan for your success
- FREE and convenient day/evening
So what can the Skills
Enhancement Program do for me?
- As students improve their math,
writing, and reading skills, they enroll and advance to
other programs like:
- National External Diploma Program,
- Credit Diploma Program
- the ultimate goal is to obtain a high
school diploma and decide on a vocation
- classes are divided into beginner and
- Instruction in:
- listening & speaking
(conversation, grammar, pronunciation)
- writing & reading
- functional survival skills
- improve basic sentence structure
and reading comprehension
- At the end of each semester, all
participants are invited to the Awards
New Britain Adult Education is in compliance with
CT General Statutes Sec 10-71c.
All mandated programs are free. We do
not charge a fee for any textbooks or materials used in
The New Britain Adult Education
183 Steele Street